A Trek Across Africa in a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Are you adventurous enough to drive the whole continent of Africa in a Jeep? If so, you would get along with Dan Grec. Dan is also known as the blogger of “The Road Chose Me.” You can follow The Road Chose Me via Facebook or Dan’s website and trust us, if you are anything like Dan, you are going to love it.
Dan is taking a 80,000 mile trek across Africa in just two years and he is sharing his story with everyone as he goes. He has already dealt with some obstacles, but his highly modified Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited is ready for anything. He was able to make his Jeep capable to not only drive through any terrain but be his home and kitchen as well.
Off-road and performance
Grec’s Jeep is a 2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Check out the off-road and performance features on this bad boy:
* 4.10 axle ratios and a 4:1 transfer case ratio. * 34-inch all-terrain BF Goodrich tires and steel Mopar 17-inch wheels. * Front, rear and engine skid plates. * 2.5-inch lift with Geometry Correction brackets. * 3.6-liter V6 gasoline engine and a six-speed manual transmission.
You are probably wondering how Grec made his Jeep into a home for both sleeping and cooking. Here’s how!
- Pop-up camper roof with a sun shade built into the rear.
- Removed back seats with custom cabinets and storage space.
- Sun shade built into the rear.
- 12 gallon drinking water tank built under body.
- 35L Dometic CTX-35 fridge built into interior with backup batteries.
- Built-in single burner gas stove.
- Solar panels to charge batteries without use of the engine.
- Additional filled gas tanks just in case.
* Follow this awesome story to learn more and keep up along the way. If you are in need of your own Jeep to adventure with check out our large inventory of Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited models, including the Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon at Miami Lakes Jeep here . *
Photo source: The Road Chose Me – Dan Grec – Facebook