The Traverse is a full-size crossover SUV produced by Chevrolet since 2008. With seating for up to eight passengers, and plenty of technology to appease them all, the Traverse is one of the most up and coming vehicles in its class. The large presence of the Chevy Traverse in Miami and across the United States is growing every year, and for good reason.
In a segment that is largely competitive, the Traverse is standing on its own with plenty of class-exclusive features, incredible safety scores, and more. No other full-size SUV can compare. The newest rendition of the Traverse has other SUVs scrambling to stay relevant in a market that requires almost constant evolution.
Best-in-Class Features for the Best SUV in America
The Chevy Traverse isn’t just beating the competition in terms of what it offers. Both Parents Magazine and Edmunds.com named the 2015 Traverse one of the Best Family Cars of 2015 – an accolade that the SUV has certainly earned.
While awards and recognition are important in any vehicle segment, it’s the best-in-class features that really help the Traverse stand out in the crowd. Discover some of the ways that the 2016 Traverse has been able to keep ahead of the curve, and in front of the competition.
- Best in Class Storage Space: Arguably one of the most important aspects in this segment, and the new Traverse shines. Offering 116.3 cubic feet of cargo space with the back seats folded down, the SUV’s interior is the largest of any of its competitors. Behind the third row alone, sits a generous 24.4 cubic feet of cargo space – plenty of room to store groceries, small luggage, and even a stroller. What’s the point of having all of that space at your disposal if it is a pain to use? The 2016 Traverse gives drivers ease of access, with a convenient power remote liftgate. Unloading, loading, and accessing your space is easy, and hassle free.
- Industry First Safety: The 2016 Traverse has been meticulously engineered to keep your most precious cargo safe. Packed with advanced safety technology, the Traverse also features a front center airbag. Not only is this a class exclusive feature, but also an industry first. The airbag deploys between the driver and front passenger for added cushion in the event of a collision. It also serves to keep the front passengers from colliding into one another, especially in the case of a side impact or rollover situation. This type of serious accident is not one that drivers like to imagine, so Chevrolet has taken out the worry and replaced it with confidence – best in class confidence.
‘Chevrolet Does it Best’ Technology Features on the Traverse
Bowtie branded vehicles feature certain amenities and technological upgrades that other cars on the road simply can’t match. They try, and at first glance may seem successful, but there are some things that Chevrolet simply does better. Check out what these are, and how they are seamlessly incorporated into the 2016 Traverse.
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi: An in-vehicle technology that Chevrolet essentially pioneered, this advanced connectivity feature is available on the newest Traverse. Up to seven devices can connect at one time, ensuring that all of your passengers are entertained on even the longest of journeys.
- Chevrolet MyLink: Another added bonus to driving a Chevrolet, is the MyLink infotainment system. An intuitive voice-controlled system, drivers are able to communicate with their smart phone for calls, playing music, and even sending out text messages.
- Siri Eyes Free: This system from Apple is far from a class exclusive feature. But, when paired with Chevy’s MyLink system, steering-wheel mounted controls, and the 6.5-inch color touch screen that comes standard on all 2016 Traverse models – Siri Eyes Free is able to be accessed and used with ease.
Be sure to come down to Miami Lakes Automall Chevrolet to take the 2016 Traverse for a test drive, and see all of these incredible features first hand.