The Ram pickup truck has been around for a longer period of time than most people are aware. Formerly known as the Dodge Ram, this line of capable pickup trucks have been around since 1981. Currently known as simply, Ram, these pickup trucks have been honored with several awards, accolades, and recognition throughout the years. A pickup truck that was once considered an outsider in the American pickup truck segment, the all new Ram lineup of pickups is changing the public’s perception about the brand, in a very big way.
Ram truck enthusiasts, as well as Dodge Ram dealers, have been well aware of the incredible capability of the Ram truck for many years. Now that the public is catching up to the notion that the Ram truck is not simply an underdog to be ignored, momentum around the brand has been building.
The Newest Ram Truck Has People Talking
Ram has recently unveiled it’s newest lineup of pickup trucks, and the new lineup has caught the attention of drivers and industry insiders, alike. Ram has upped the ante when it comes to power, accessibility, and amenities, in all three of its most popular pickup truck models. The 2016 Ram 3500 Heavy Duty has recently been touted as the most powerful pickup truck on the road, and the new 2016 Ram 1500 is a more affordable, lighter weight version that is exciting pickup enthusiasts across the United States.
While the 2016 Ram 1500 is not a completely redesigned version of the truck, plenty of updates and modifications have been made to the lineup, making it a highly desirable model year for the Ram 1500. New crew cab models were added to the Ram 1500 lineup this year, and the truck’s safety scores have improved, thanks to body and frame modifications made to the construction of the truck. New center consoles were designed and implemented into all Ram 1500 models this year, along with other changes to various model types.
2016 Ram 1500 Configurations
Pickup trucks are notorious for offering a head-spinning list of configurations and options. The 2016 Ram 1500 is no different, and comes with plenty of choices for truck buyers to ponder over. While there are many options to go over, let’s start with the most basic: Body styles and bed sizes. The 2016 Ram 1500 is offered in three different styles and size configurations: Regular Cab, Quad Cab, and Crew Cab. Check out each one below, and what their designation entails.
- Regular Cab: This version of the Ram 1500 has seating for only three passengers, and comes with the option of a six-foot, four-inch bed, or a full-size eight-foot bed. A great option for the working man, who needs to haul more cargo, than actual passengers.
- Quad Cab: This style is more traditional of a passenger pickup truck, and features a full backseat, small front-hinged rear doors, and a six-foot, four-inch bed. This Ram 1500 is a good choice for those who are looking to utilize their truck for both passengers, and larger loads.
- Crew Cab: Drivers who seek a pickup that drives more like an SUV, will appreciate the full-size rear doors on this style, along with the larger interior cabin with increased rear legroom. This version of the Ram 1500 is available in either a small five-foot, seven-inch bed, or a six-foot, four-inch bed.
Once you choose which cab style and size is right for your particular needs, you can pick one of three available engines. Each engine is available with the option of four-wheel drive, which can be part-time, or automatic. Check out the three different engine options below:
- Base Engine: This standard offering is a capable 3.6-liter V6, that makes 305 horsepower, and is paired with a responsive eight-speed automatic transmission. This powerhouse can manage up to 7,450 pounds of towing capacity, and is a great option for those who need to haul smaller items with their Ram 1500.
- Efficient Engine: For drivers who value fuel savings, the Ram 1500 comes with the option of a turbocharged EcoDiesel V6 engine, that makes 240 horsepower, and 420 lb.-ft. of torque. This economical option is mated with an eight-speed automatic transmission. Despite it’s efficiency, this turbocharged engine has a tow rating of 9,450 pounds.
- Most Powerful Engine: For drivers who need to haul, tow, and power through any situation, this is the engine choice for them. This 5.7-liter HEMI V8, boasts 395 horsepower. The specific trim level that the driver chooses, will determine if this engine is paired with a six, or eight-speed automatic transmission. This powerful HEMI can tow up to 10,850 pounds, and offers the greatest towing capability of the three available engines.
Plenty of Trim Level Options
For those who think that the cab style, size, and engine options are dizzying – find a way to keep your head on straight. With eleven different trim levels and limited editions to choose from, Ram is just getting started. It is true that there is a 2016 Ram 1500 model for everyone. Whether you are more budget-conscious and aren’t impressed with amenities, or you value in-vehicle technology and upgrades, there is a 2016 Ram 1500 model that is just right for you. Take a look at each of the eleven models below, and discover which one strikes the perfect balance for your budget and lifestyle.
- Tradesman: This entry level starts at $25,865, and comes standard with air conditioning and an electronic vehicle information center. USB and auxiliary hookups also come standard on this model, along with automatic headlamps.
- Express: Starting at $27,145, this Ram 1500 model comes standard with a UConnect multimedia system with a five-inch touchscreen, and an available dual exhaust system.
- Black Express: Featuring an all black exterior package, this model starts at $28,840. With standard remote keyless entry, an AllSecure locking system, halogen headlights, and 20-inch black aluminum wheels – this limited edition truck is a great option for those who want to stand out.
- Big Horn: Starting at $33,505, this model offers a standard leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, an 8.4-inch touchscreen display, 20-inch chrome clad aluminum wheels, and a Class IV receiver hitch.
- Sport: This Ram 1500 comes standard with a dual exhaust system, an 8.4-inch touchscreen display, projector headlamps, and 20-inch polished aluminum wheels – all for the starting MSRP of just $35,705.
- Express EcoDiesel HFE: Starting at $38,100, this efficient pickup comes with standard active grille shutters, a tri-fold Tonneau cover, wheel-to-wheel sidesteps, and fog lamps.
- Laramie: With a starting MSRP of $39,275, this bright silver metallic truck comes with heated, leather-trimmed seating, a nine-speaker sound system, projector headlamps, and 20-inch aluminum wheels.
- Outdoorsman: This wildly equipped truck starts at $39,295, and offers standard 17-inch wheels with LT tires. Drivers can opt for an available RamBox cargo management system, Wi-Fi hotspot capability, and unique exterior colors.
- Rebel: Starting at $42,995, this model offers a unique front grille design, cast-machined wheels, premium cloth seats, and bi-functional halogen projector headlamps.
- Laramie Longhorn: Starting at $47,390, this truck comes with premium leather upholstery, real wood accented interior, and an active-level four-corner air suspension.
- Limited: This top of the line Ram 1500 model starts at $50,880, and comes with a unique chrome grille, and a Maximum Steel Metallic exterior. All black premium leather is included throughout the interior of the cabin, and the truck comes standard with the brand’s most powerful Hemi V8 engine. Standard wheel to wheel side steps also come standard, and the new tailgate design makes this model really stand out from the rest.
Test Drive the New Ram Today!
Be sure to head down to Miami Lakes Ram dealer to test drive the new 2016 Ram 1500, today!