Posts Tagged ‘super duty truck’
Some truck owners out there have at one time or another realized they have no clue how to hitch up a trailer to their truck. Loading cargo into a vehicle is one thing, but hauling it all as a separate unit a part from the vehicle can be a little tricky at first. Aside from getting the proper trailer, assuming the object(s) being towed require one, a truck owner needs to know how to properly connect the trailer to their truck, or they may lose all of their cargo before even leaving the driveway. Worse if things come undone while on the highway, so let’s chat about loading up a truck and connecting the hitch.
Keeping a Center of Gravity with Cargo
Weight is important to keep in mind when loading cargo onto a trailer. Making sure the weight is balanced will help to avoid issues while on the road. Most experienced truck drivers would say to keep a good ratio of 60 percent of the cargo weight towards the front half of the trailer (unless directed otherwise by the trailer manufacturer), and make sure it’s the heavy stuff first, to keep the truck’s center of gravity closer to its rear axle. The remaining 40 percent of the cargo goes towards the rear half of the trailer- using some of the heavy stuff works here too to keep an equal balance across the trailer. Your best bet is to put the heaviest cargo over the trailer axles.