Do you love to off-road? If so, a Ram 1500 would be a great light-duty truck for you, but while you’re shopping and seeing all of the Ram truck options, you may start to wonder which Ram 1500 trim would be best for you. Would the off-road monster, the Ram 1500 Rebel, be what you need and want, or would another Ram 1500 trim suffice? At the end of the day, the answer to that really depends on a couple things, how serious of an off-roader are you, what is your budget, and the style you want. These are all important factors to consider before making your next truck purchase.
Obviously any truck with four-wheel drive is capable of going off-road, but exactly how capable? That depends. Adding simple mods here and there to any Ram truck can add more off-road capabilities, but if you want you truck to come pre-loaded with all the off-road mods you need, the Ram 1500 Rebel is your truck. The Ram 1500 Rebel comes with the following off-road features:
- An off-roading drive setting to adjust traction while off-roading
- The Ram 1500 Rebel has an air suspension that gives the truck a higher lift in comparison to the other Ram 1500 models
- The Ram 1500 Rebel comes standard with 17-inch tires wrapped in 33-inch Toyo tires which increase ground clearance for off-roading.
- Bilstein shocks which are the leading selling shock absorbers.
- Rear stabilizer bar which help protect and stabilize the truck off-road.