Posts Tagged ‘Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has finally performed crash tests on the completely redesigned 2019 Ram 1500 pickup truck, and it’s looking pretty good for Ram. Compared to the previous 2018 model year, the new generation truck makes a significant leap in crash performance with the Crew Cab model scoring a “Good” rating in all six crash categories.
The 2018 Ram 1500 model received “Good” ratings in the moderate front overlap test, side test, and the head restraint and seat test, yet received “Marginal” scores in the roof strength test. The previous year model also did not have driver-assistance/crash prevention systems like adaptive cruise control or lane keep assist. The old model also ranked “Marginal” in the driver-side small overlap test, which replicates what can happen when the front left corner of a car hits a tree or pole at 40 mph. Furthermore, the previous model was not rated in the passenger-side small overlap test. (more…)
- Mopar Teases Potential New Ram Concept at 2021 SEMA Show
- What to Know About the All-New 2022 Ram 1500
- Ram Unveils Ram 1500 TRX Ignition, Longhorn SouthFork, and Ram 1500 (RAM)RED
- 2021 Ram 1500 Ranks First Among Light-Duty Pickups in New APEAL Study
- 2022 Ram ProMaster Van Looks to be a Strong Competitor as a Transit Vehicle