Posts Tagged ‘ecoystem’
Kia Motors “Plan S” is going to be something else. Announced in January 2020, the mid- to long-term strategy has one solid goal: establish a leadership position in the future automotive industry, encompassing electrification and mobility services, connectivity, and autonomy. There are already several objectives in place, and the automaker will be quickly shifting from a business system focused on internal combustion engine vehicles toward one centered on electric vehicles and customized mobility solutions. We’ve already seen glimpses of this with the Kia Futuron concept, their first all-electric vehicle that was preceded by an internal gas combustion model, and their upcoming customization app for Kia EV models.
Here’s the outline:
- Offer 11 EVs by 2025 and obtain 6.6% global EV market share
- Launch a dedicated EV model in 2021
- Make 25% of all sales from eco-friendly vehicles by the end of 2025
- Sell 500,000 EVs worldwide and 1 million eco-friendly vehicles by 2026
- Develop mobility products and services
And much more.