2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
When looking for a truck with tons of options, two names stand out – Ram and Chevrolet. Whether there’s two engine options or four, the number of configurations based on the cab, box length, and drivetrain alone can be a wakeup call for other brands on the market. For Chevrolet, the Silverado pickup truck has been one of their leading units and a top seller. It’s competitive, powerful, and offers a range of options that can make it a fashion statement or a hard working rig.
Ask About the Chevrolet Silverado 1500
6.2L Ecotec V8
||Avail. Engine Type
* Configurations *
Chevrolet has many configurations and trims when it comes to the 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Silverado 1500 two-wheel-drive (2WD) trims include the Silverado 1500 WT, Silverado 1500 LS, Silverado 1500 LT, Silverado 1500 Custom, Silverado 1500 LTZ, and the Silverado 1500 High Country. Silverado 1500 four-wheel-drive (4WD) trims include all of the 2WD trims and the Silverado 1500 LT Z71 and Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71.
The Silverado 1500 lineup includes three box lengths and three cab sizes. The Silverado 1500 WT, Silverado 1500 LS, Silverado 1500 LT, and Silverado 1500 LT Z71 trims are available with a regular cab with a standard or long box, a double cab with a standard box, or a crew cab with a short box or standard box. The Silverado 1500 Custom, Silverado 1500 LTZ, and Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 are available with the double cab and crew cab with the option of a standard box or short box. The Silverado 1500 High Country trim is limited to the crew cab with just the short box.
Three engines are available on the 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The standard engine is a 4.3-liter V6 that can generate 285 horsepower and best-in-class V6 torque of 305 lb-ft. Designed with gasoline direct injection (GDI) and variable valve timing (VVT) technology, this engine has been optimized for performance and fuel economy, and it averages 18 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway.
The second engine in the lineup is a 5.3-liter V8 engine, capable of 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque. Also made with GDI and VVT, it has a best-in-class V8 fuel economy, the same as above. The most powerful engine in the lineup is the 6.2-liter V8 that generates 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. Again, this engine has been optimized with GDI and VVT and has a fuel economy of 15/21 mpg city/highway.
* Towing Capacity *
Towing capacity always depends on the configurations and the equipment options selected. When powered by the 4.3-liter V6 engine and outfitted with a regular cab and standard box on a 4WDrivetrain, the truck may have a maximum towing capacity of 7,600 pounds. With the 5.3-liter V8 engine, 4-door double cab, standard box, two-wheel-drive with the Max Trailering Package, the maximum towing capability of the 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 is 11,100 pounds. For a best-in-class V8 towing capacity of 12,500 pounds, consumers will want the Silverado 1500 powered by the 6.2-liter engine with a 4-door double cab, two-wheel-drive, and the Max Trailering Package.
When it comes to the lineup of 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 trucks, the availability of some features jumps around a bit, with as many options available as there are standard. Standard features consist of a Cornerstep rear bumper, cab-mounted cargo area lamps, and recovery hooks. Depending on the trim and its specifications, available options include black or chrome assist steps (4” or 6”), a drop-in bed liner, splash guards, a bed mat, hard or soft-folding tonneau cover, a black or chrome front or rear bumper, solar-absorbing or deep-tinted (rear) glass, LED cargo box lighting, and heated exterior mirrors. Trucks can ride on 17-, 18-, 20-, or 22-inch wheels made of various materials with different designs.
Again, standard and available features jump around a bit for the interior of the Silverado 1500. The only lineup standard is a rear-vision camera and remote keyless entry. Other available features that pop-up around the lineup are dual-zone climate control, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, cloth or leather upholstery, heated front seats, 40/20/40 split-bench seats, a rear folding bench seat, a heated and leather-wrapped steering wheel, driver 10-way power adjustment, a rear 60/40 split folding bench seat, active noise cancellation, front and rear carpeted floor mats, remote start, driver memory, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, and more.
Chevy is also known for their large number of packages. The 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 is available with:
- Chrome bumper package: Replaces the black front and rear bumpers with chrome variants
- Chrome Essentials Package: Adds chrome recovery hooks and a polished exhaust tip
- Max Trailering Package: Increases towing capacity and GCWR rating, adds automatic locking rear differential, revised shock tuning, a 9.76” rear axle, trailering equipment, and more.
- Trailering Package: Adds trailering hitch platform and 2.0-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, a 7-wire harness mated to a 7-way sealed connector, and an automatic locking rear differential
- Z71 Off-Road Package: Adds off-road jounce bumpers, an underbody transfer case shield, Z71 badge decals, the trailering package, and more.
Convenience and Tech
- All-star edition: Adds Driver 10-way power seat adjuster, dual-zone climate control, a remote vehicle starter system, and 18-inch bright-machined aluminum wheels*
- Sport Package: 20-inch chrome wheels and Bose Sound speakers
- Texas Edition: Adds Texas Edition badging, dual-zone climate control, a remote vehicle starter system, the trailering package locking differential and LED fog lamps on LT models, and 20-inch chrome wheels and Bose Sound speakers on LTZ models.
- WT/LT Convenience Package: Tinted windows, remote locking tailgate, heated mirrors on the WT, and dual-zone climate control, a remote vehicle starter system, and driver 10-way power adjuster for the LT
- Custom Value Package: Custom convenience package, trailering package, and an auto locking differential
- LT Plus Package: Universal home remote, rear park assist, rear sliding power window
- LTZ Plus Package: Power adjustable pedals, Bose premium audio system, front and rear park assist, and heated and leather-wrapped steering wheel
Found on all trims is Bluetooth with hands-free calling and some variation of Chevrolet MyLink on either a 7-inch or 8-inch color touch screen and navigation is an optional feature. The standard sound system is made up of six speakers, with a Bose sound system and a rear-seat entertainment system with Blu-Ray/DVD capabilities available on select trims. SiriusXM Satellite Radio is also available or standard on select trims. All Chevrolet MyLink systems offer Bluetooth streaming audio as well as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability.
All new Chevrolet vehicles are backed by a three-year or 36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper limited warranty and a 5-year or 60,000-mile powertrain warranty (100,000 miles for qualified fleet purchases). Additionally, the vehicle’s exterior is protected by a 3-year or 36,000-mile corrosion warranty, a 6-year or 100,000-mile rust-through warranty, and buyers receive complimentary roadside assistance for 5 years or 60,000 miles. There is also a 2-year scheduled maintenance plan that comes standard.
Find Your 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 at Miami Lakes Chevrolet
Photo Source/Copyright: Chevrolet.com