Ram recommends using either 87 or 89 octane in new Ram 1500 models equipped with the 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 engine or the 5.7-liter HEMI V8 engine, but do you know what that means? Or, do you know how different levels of octane in fuel affect your Ram truck? If not, keep reading!
In order to clearly understand why it is imperative to use the manufacturer’s recommended fuel, one needs to know what octane is. Basically, a fuel’s octane rating is the measure of how much compression a fuel can withstand before igniting. [click to continue…]
There’s no question about it. If country music stars and fans had an official vehicle, it would be a truck. Cowboys and cowgirls need a vehicle that can take them around the country roads, as well as a vehicle that has the capability to do some serious work, like tow a horse trailer or RV, and that’s why some of the biggest country music stars will never trade in a truck for a fancy luxury sedan in their music videos – it just wouldn’t work. Here’s a look at some of the country music stars who pay homage to Ram trucks in their music videos.
Who doesn’t love Miranda Lambert? She is a southern belle through and through, not to mention a great artist with plenty of awesome songs. Well, every country star and southern belle needs a truck and based on Miranda’s music videos she loves Ram. In her “Little Red Wagon” music video she is using a big ole Ram to tow her airstream. Plus, she showed her love for Ram a while back in her “Roots and Wings” video! [click to continue…]
Ram always does a fantastic job at updating their current models and adding new or limited edition models. That is why we aren’t surprised, but are still impressed and in love with the new updates 2018 Ram 1500 and 2500 Sport models as well as the new Big Horn Black models and we think you will be just as impressed.
2018 Ram 1500 and 2500 Sport
The Sport trim sits in the middle of the trim lineup for both the Ram 1500 and Ram 2500 lineups. The 2018 Sport trim gets a couple changes, but those changes are pretty big. It seems like Ram wanted to make the new Sport trim darker, badder and even “sportier.” The headlights get dark borders, the hood gets two scoops (like you would see on the Challenger), and the biggest change is saying bye to the crosshair grille and hello to the R-A-M grille in the truck body color. [click to continue…]
According to FourWheeler Network a large group of Ram trucks hit the hills in northern Arizona and tore them up with ease. One of the Ram trucks that killed it out in Arizona is the Ram Power Wagon. No surprise there really as the truck is debatably the most capable Ram yet.
What makes the Ram 2500 Power Wagon so capable?
- A Power Wagon specific 2-inch suspension lift with three-link front and five-link rear live axle suspension.
- Large wheels wrapped in 33-inch Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires.
- Hill descent control with buttons on the shift column to select the speed for descending without even touching the brake.
- A 4WD Low system with a anti-roll bar disconnect.
- Bilstein shocks for more capable rock crawling.
[click to continue…]
Ram is the pickup truck for you if you are interested in a pickup from a brand that ranked high in the J.D. Initial Quality Study. In the most recent J.D. Power Initial Quality rankings, Ram’s score increased by 25 percent and it had the fourth best ratings out of all 33 brands. But, that is just one of the many reasons to own a Ram truck. Another reason is the 2018 Ram Limited Tungsten Edition, a luxury trim that has just been added to the lineup.
The 2018 Ram Limited Tungsten Edition is the highest trim level on the Ram lineup and it will be available on all Ram truck model lineups including the 1500, 2500 and 3500. Ram designed the Limited Tungsten Edition trims to be a luxurious model with top-of-the-line features, and they definitely succeeded.
The interior of the Ram Limited Tungsten Edition is covered in leather, in fact, this Ram has more leather out of any pickup trucks on the market. The leather is ultra-premium “Natura” leather and its colors include Frost (which is a beige) with dark indigo-hued seats. To complete the look there are real wood accents throughout the cabin. [click to continue…]
Nothing is more ‘Merican than America’s longest lasting pickup. Looking for the best way to celebrate Fourth of July this year? Celebrate it with a brand new Ram truck! Check out these five reasons a Ram should be your go-to Fourth of July vehicle:
- Towing – Whether your Fourth of July plans involve jetskiing, off-roading on your ATVs, or hauling your large boat down to the water, there is a Ram truck for you. Depending on your towing needs, a Ram truck can provide between 10,640 (Ram 1500) and 31,210 (Ram 2500 and 3500) pounds of towing capability.
- Cab space – Does your Fourth of July involve a road trip? If so, you want yourself and your passengers to be comfortable. The Ram 2500 offers the mega cab option which allows for the most cab space in the truck game. Comfort is standard.
[click to continue…]
Do you love to off-road? If so, a Ram 1500 would be a great light-duty truck for you, but while you’re shopping and seeing all of the Ram truck options, you may start to wonder which Ram 1500 trim would be best for you. Would the off-road monster, the Ram 1500 Rebel, be what you need and want, or would another Ram 1500 trim suffice? At the end of the day, the answer to that really depends on a couple things, how serious of an off-roader are you, what is your budget, and the style you want. These are all important factors to consider before making your next truck purchase.
Obviously any truck with four-wheel drive is capable of going off-road, but exactly how capable? That depends. Adding simple mods here and there to any Ram truck can add more off-road capabilities, but if you want you truck to come pre-loaded with all the off-road mods you need, the Ram 1500 Rebel is your truck. The Ram 1500 Rebel comes with the following off-road features:
- An off-roading drive setting to adjust traction while off-roading
- The Ram 1500 Rebel has an air suspension that gives the truck a higher lift in comparison to the other Ram 1500 models
- The Ram 1500 Rebel comes standard with 17-inch tires wrapped in 33-inch Toyo tires which increase ground clearance for off-roading.
- Bilstein shocks which are the leading selling shock absorbers.
- Rear stabilizer bar which help protect and stabilize the truck off-road.
[click to continue…]
When it comes to picking the perfect pickup some features many shoppers look at its off-road capability, power, towing capacity and size. But safety and durability is also very important and that is why a Ram truck (America’s longest lasting pickup) is for you. Across the board all Ram trucks come with the same awesome safety technology in addition to having the option of even more.
Standard Ram Truck Safety Features
- Four-wheel disc antilock brakes help prevent wheel lockup during instances of braking on a slick surface.
- Side-curtain airbags deploy downward and cover the side windows. This feature helps reduce risk of injury due to a side impact crash.
- Electronic stability control is a system that helps the driver stay in control of the pickup even during adverse situations according to Ram. With this system comes hill start assist, trailer sway control, rain brake support, brake assist, and ready alert braking.
[click to continue…]
You know you want a Ram truck for your next pickup, but you don’t know which to choose? We can help you with that. The Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 are all similar when it comes to style. However, they are very different when it comes to towing capability, price and engine options. Learn all about it below!
The Ram 1500 has three engine options, as do the Ram 2500 and 3500. The 2500 and 3500 have the same three engine options and horsepower, while the Ram 1500 is a bit different. The Ram 1500 is available with the 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 engine or it is available with an upgraded 3.0-liter V6 diesel engine or a 5.7-liter HEMI V8 engine. The horsepower for the Ram 1500 ranges from 240 to 395 depending on engine choice.
The Ram 2500 and 3500 come standard with the strongest engine option for the 1500, the 5.7-liter HEMI V8. In addition, the pickups come with a 6.7-liter Cummins V6 diesel engine option and a 6.4-liter HEMI V8 engine which is standard on the Ram 2500 Power Wagon. Both pickups can produce between 350 and 410 horsepower depending on the chosen engine.
[click to continue…]
Ram trucks are available with the RamBox cargo management system. One component of the RamBox cargo management system are two built-in and lockable storage containers that integrated into the two walls of the truck bed. Of course, these storage compartments are great for lugging extra cargo, but there are other ways it can be used.
Not only does the box hold cargo, but it has a drainage system. This means, melted ice can easily be drained without a hassle. Whether you are going to your kids soccer game and need to bring the gatorade, or are tailgating with your buddies at the Miami Dolphins game with beer, think of how much space you could save in the bed without a cooler.
What about using the system as a safe? Have valuables in your truck that you want to hide and lock up out of plain sight? The RamBox containers are very discrete and since they lock and aren’t transparent, they are a great place to lock up and hide your valuables. [click to continue…]